Don't Just Watch TV--Make It!
Get involved. It's easy!
You want to expand your reach and impact. We want to help you plan your production and look at the best ways to reach your audience. Here's how:
1. Volunteer to run the Channel 17's Live at 5:25, field cameras, and special projects. It's a great opportunity to learn about video and help your community. Over the years, many Channel 17 staff people have been hired from our volunteer ranks. maketv [at] cctv [dot] org (Let us know you are interested) and we'll match you up!
2. Propose a Show. We'll provide the equipment and training to help you produce your interview, event, or public service announcement. As long as it touches on public affairs, Channel 17 will run it.
3. Get Training. Come to Channel 17 for free video training (production, editing/post-production, and distribution) that enables you to make your own media. morourke [at] cctv [dot] org (Make an appointment.)
4. Borrow Equipment. Once you're trained, you can borrow portable video cameras, microphones, tripods, lights, and a laptop editor so you can work on your own TV program. morourke [at] cctv [dot] org (Reserve your kit here.)
5. Produce a Studio or Live Show. Hosting or producing your own live or recorded public affairs studio show on Channel 17 is easy. All you have to do is pick a subject, round up some guests (if you want), and give us a call to schedule some time. We provide the crew and the technical support you need. maketv [at] cctv [dot] org (Contact us to discuss your program.)
6. Request Event Coverage. If your event is connected falls within the Channel 17/ Guidelines, we may be able to provide some staff time to cover the event. To determine if your program is eligible for coverage, Check the Guidelines and maketv [at] cctv [dot] org (get in touch with us! )
7. Hire Production Services. If you'd don't have the volunteers or the time to "make it yourself" and Channel 17 is not able to cover it, you can hire CCTV Productions to produce your program for you. We specialize in event coverage, short public information pieces, and websites. davitian [at] cctv [dot] org (subject: More%20information%20re%3A%20CCTV%20Productions%20) (Contact us for an Estimate.)
8. Bring Your Finished Program in to Air on Channel 17. If you have already produced a program that falls within the Channel 17 Guidelines, we'd like to air it. morourke [at] cctv [dot] org (Tell us about your Program).
If you would like more information about producing your own program on Channel 17 or about volunteering contact Meghan O'Rourke, Channel Director, at 862-3966 x16 or morourke [at] cctv [dot] org.