CCTV Archiving Intern
CCTV ARCHIVING INTERN | Summer 2015
Contact: Meghan O'Rourke
morourke [at] cctv [dot] org | 802.862.3966 x 16
Description: Channel 17/Town Meeting TV is seeking an archiving intern for the summer of 2015. Help us digitize 30 years of community video. Term: Up to 20 hours/week.
Qualifications: The ideal Channel 17 Community Engagement Intern is:
- Independent and self motivated
- Able to stay focused on the task at hand
- Technically adept, with working basic knowledge of Macs and PC
- Experienced with video OR willing to learn Premiere Pro editing
- Neat and organized
Responsibilities: The Archiving Intern will
- Digitize material from our media library
- Transcode material into formats for online distribution, television rebroadcast and digital storage.
- Keep records of the archiving process and help work out the best system for long term archiving
- Work with our main archivist to decide priorities for the digital transition.
Channel 17/Town Meeting TV provides government access and public affairs programming for the Comcast cable subscribers of Colchester, South Burlington, Burlington, Essex Town, Essex Junction, Winooski, Williston and St. George as well as to the subscribers of Burlington Telecom. Channel 17’s mission opens the doors to local government. Channel 17 is operated by CCTV Center for Media & Democracy which provides channels, tools and training for community-based organizations and activists to expand their reach and impact and make social change happen.