CCTV Archiving Intern - Fall of 2017
CCTV ARCHIVING INTERN | Fall 2017
Contact: Meghan O'Rourke
email@example.com | 802.862.3966 x 16
Description: Channel 17/Town Meeting TV is seeking an archiving intern for the fall of 2017. Term:
Help us build a time machine! We need to take old parts and pieces, string them together and turn VHS tapes into preserved nuggets of digitized wonder. This is a fun and scrappy job for those interested in technology and community history.
Term:Up to 20 hours/week.
Qualifications: The ideal Channel 17 Community Engagement Intern is:
- Independent and self motivated
- Able to stay focused on the task at hand
- Set repair computer systems
- Knowledge of video capture devices or willingness to learn
- Knowledge of analog to digital workflow options, or willingness to learn
- Technically adept, with working basic knowledge of Macs and PCs
- Experienced with video OR willing to learn Premiere Pro editing
- Neat and organized
Responsibilities: The Archiving Intern will
- Help to build an archiving system using old PCs, encoders and VHS decks.
- Research archiving standards and best practices for analog to digital
- Transcode material into formats for online distribution, television rebroadcast and digital storage.
- Keep records of the archiving process and help work out the best system for long term archiving
- Work with our main archivist to decide priorities for the digital transition.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship with the possibility of becoming a funded position. Need community service credits? Get them with us!
Channel 17/Town Meeting TV provides government access and public affairs programming for the Comcast cable subscribers of Colchester, South Burlington, Burlington, Essex Town, Essex Junction, Winooski, Williston and St. George as well as to the subscribers of Burlington Telecom. Channel 17’s mission opens the doors to local government. Channel 17 is operated by CCTV Center for Media & Democracy which provides channels, tools and training for community-based organizations and activists to expand their reach and impact and make social change happen.