Joint Meeting of Metropolitan Planning Organization and Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission
Download: H.264/AAC mp4 file
- Call to order/Introductions - 0:00
- Minutes of Joint Board Meeting of March 16, 2011 - 0:45
- Regional Sustainability Planning Update - 2:07
- CCMPO/CCRPC Merger Process - 5:00
- Vote on the Merger of the CCMPO & CCRPC and Adopt Bylaws - 6:22
- Joint Nominating Committee Appointmens - 24:22
- Municipal Appointment Letters for FY12 Board Members and Alternates - 25:41
- Joint Annual Meeting - 27:18
- Update on Regional Flooding - 30:57
- Other Business - 54:50
Tell us about your experience with this online video, click here.
The Chittenden County Metropolitan Planning Organization (CCMPO) is the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for the 18 municipalities of the Chittenden County region. Each year, the CCMPO oversees about $30 million in transportation investments. It evaluates and approves proposed transportation improvement projects and provides a forum for interagency cooperation and public input into funding decisions. It also sponsors and conducts studies, assists local municipalities with planning activities, and develops and updates the County's long range transportation plan (known as the Metropolitan Transportation Plan). Serving about 145,000 people, the CCMPO is Vermont's only MPO.
The Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission (CCRPC) is one of 12 regional planning commissions in Vermont. Based on the 2000 census, Chittenden County is home to approximately one-fourth of Vermont's residents, making it the most populous county in the state.
CCRPC is composed of 19 municipal commissioners and five at-large commissioners (representing Agriculture, Conservation/Environment, Socio-Economic/Housing, and Transportation). The legislative body of each of Chittenden County's municipalities selects its own commissioner and alternate commissioner. The Full Commission selects the five at-large representatives. Each commissioner has one vote.
CCRPC's regular monthly meeting is on the fourth Monday of the month at 6:00pm in the Main Conference Room. These meetings are open to the public.